Hello kids,
Just wanted to inform everyone that winter seems to be settling in. As you have seen in a previous entry, we have had snow here in Reykjavík as well as lots of wind. This is all great, but what I mean to say is that the darkness is appearing. Generally, the sun rises around 10am these days and sets around 4pm. And it will only get darker.
Last week, we had very little sun, and it felt like were were living in a glacier. It was twilight almost all day--and the rest of the time was night. It was beautiful in a way, especially as I got used to it. This weekend we had some sun and it was much brighter, but I expect as it gets later into the season we will have more days in the glacial dream and less sunny days.
Best,
Nick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twilight days sound stunningly peaceful.
ReplyDeleteHi Son,
ReplyDeleteI'm worried about you. Your blog is not loquacious as it was in the past. Can I send you a day-light lamp?
Love,
Marn
That might actually help. I sort of hit rock bottom a couple of weeks ago and I just wasn't feeling up to the challenge of blogging, but I am feeling better now and I have more ideas for writing!
ReplyDelete-Nick