It has been a while since I last wrote a blog and I can't pretend to be remorseful, so don't expect any contrition. I am rather pleased to report that I did quite well on my midterm assessments, so all is proceeding as it should in the academic department.
I meant to write this entry ages ago, but midterms coupled with apathy sort of won out.
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago Reykjavík experienced a cold snap! All the balmy beautiful weather that is perfectly captured in my last blog entry completely disappeared. Now we are actually in winter! The cold is actually here and on some days the wind is actually maddening. It doesn't help that my building is sort of on the cusp of a wee windtunnel which sort of funnels the wind across the tjörn; but this is essentially a windy nation. I thought I would post some photos of the snowfall we had last night. It was gorgeous. I just love freshly falling snow.
Swimming at the pool was really cool last night, all the falling snow and plushy fat hairy men running like little kids to the hot tubs because of all the cold and damp. It's a lot of fun to see the snow falling above you, and to be completely warm in a pool of water. Magic.
-Nick
The pictures are stunning. It's getting cold here as well, and while we don't have snow yet, we do have falling slush. Oh joy. Haha. Glad to hear that midterms went well, kiddo. x
ReplyDeleteHi Nick! I'm a little late to your blog party. Love your photos and commentary, as always. A Joni
ReplyDelete